Curious about the amazing reasons why ginseng should be a part of your daily diet? Let’s uncover the incredible benefits of Canadian ginseng and show you why ginseng deserves a place in your healthy lifestyle.
Throughout history, this miracle root has been highly regarded for its holistic health benefits, including:
- Stress and Anxiety: Consuming ginseng may help you escape anxiety and depression and live a happy and mentally healthy life. Ginseng stimulates GABA receptors (nerve cells that receive the chemical messages that help to inhibit or reduce nerve impulses) and induces a calming effect on brain function and the body.
- Cardiovascular Health: According to research, ginseng may protect against endothelial cell damage. Endothelial cells line blood vessels and their dysfunction is considered to be at the center of a wide spectrum of cardiovascular diseases.
- Immune System: Ginseng may help support a healthy immune system. A key study proved that Canadian ginseng extract may enhance the body’s immune response, which helps fight infection.
- Blood Sugar Levels: Ginseng may help manage diabetes in several ways including regulating insulin secretion and uptake of glucose. Consuming Panax quinquefolius ginseng before or during a meal may help lower and control blood sugar, which has a positive effect on mood.
- Focus: Ginseng may help with concentration and learning in the short term. Ginseng has been mixed with an extract from the leaves of the ginkgo tree, another traditional medicine for dementia, in several studies of mental performance.
Reap all the phenomenal health benefits of ginseng this summer by including ginseng in your diet. It’s critical to stay hydrated as the temperatures rise and you spend more time outside. Here’s how you can use ginseng to stay cool this summer:
Ginseng “Stay Cool” Recipes
It’s simpler to stay hydrated when you drink tasty, healthy, and refreshing iced tea! Ginseng is also commonly used in energy drinks, so drink up for a quick boost!
Smoothies made with ginseng are a delicious and simple way to ensure you get your daily portions of fruits, veggies, and nutrients! They’re a refreshing meal that you can eat or drink on the go. Make your favourite smoothie recipe with Canadian ginseng!
Add some ginseng to your favourite homemade ice cream, gelatos and popsicle recipes for a boost that comes with therapeutic benefits.
Eat better, feel better!
At the Ontario Ginseng Growers Association (OGGA), we’re passionate about educating consumers about high-quality, North American ginseng. Visit our website to learn more about this amazing plant—including some recipe ideas for adding ginseng into your daily routine!—or reach out to learn more about how you can get involved.